We welcome all Australian and international students who are interested in undertaking Foundation program or undergraduate university studies. Want to know more about us? Then, here’s some fast facts to help you get started!
What is SIBT?
Sydney Institute of Business and Technology (SIBT) offers a direct pathway to a university degree. With flexible entry criteria students can complete a SIBT diploma, and then progress into second year studies of a university bachelor degree.
SIBT, which has been in operation since 1997, is part of the global Navitas Group (an internationally recognised education provider). As a tertiary college working in collaboration with other partner universities, SIBT eases the transition from high school to university level studies.
What makes SIBT different?
SIBT is more than just an education institution. We offer a personalized academic environment and a range of support services designed to help students prepare for success. Once you graduate with a diploma, you can select from a variety of university options to further your studies.
Here’s more on what we offer:
- Complete a SIBT diploma, and progress directly into second year of a bachelor university degree. So no time is wasted.
- Over 90% of SIBT graduates progress to university. Join more than 25,000 graduates since 1997.
- Fast track your studies. With 3 semester intakes a year in February, June and October, you can fast-track your studies within 8 months instead of 12 months. Superior student support. SIBT achieved over 90% satisfaction rating for student support. Prepare for success with a customised learning approach, extra tuition classes, a dedicated mentor, direct lecturer access and integrated English language support.
- Study in the centre of Sydney. With easy and convenient access to transport facilities, you have lots of transport options to the campus and all the facilities and services you may need.
- SIBT is FEE-HELP approved (for Australian students only)
What courses are on offer?
Choose to study our Foundation program or a SIBT diploma program as part of your university undergraduate studies.
Our Foundation program is approved by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and our Diploma programs are accredited by TEQSA (see teqsa.gov.au/national-register)
Where is the campus located?
From September 2016, SIBT will be located at the brand new Hyde Park Campus at 255 Elizabeth Street, Sydney. Visit the contact us page for more information about our location and how to get in touch.
When are the semester intakes?
There are 3 intakes per year: February, June or October.
Western Sydney University
Western Sydney University, formerly the University of Western Sydney, is an Australian multi-campus university in the Greater Western region of Sydney. It is a provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and higher research degrees with campuses in Bankstown, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Hawkesbury, Parramatta, and Penrith. It is currently ranked in the top 400 in the world in the 2014 QS World University Rankings and 19th in Australia in 2015.
The university in its current form was founded in 1989 under the terms of the University of Western Sydney Act, 1988, which created a federated network university with an amalgamation between two trade schools – Nepean College of Advanced Education and Hawkesbury Agricultural College. The Macarthur Institute of Higher Education was incorporated into the university in 1989, and in 2001 the University of Western Sydney was restructured as a single multi-campus university rather than as a federation. In 2015, the university underwent a rebranding which resulted in a change in name from the University of Western Sydney to Western Sydney University.
Study options enquiry
If you would like to speak to a course counsellor, please call our enquiry line on +60198568901 / +60128021226. Operating hours are Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.30pm and Saturday from 8.30am to 12.30pm GMT.
Complete the form below and we’ll respond to your enquiry within three business days.